Subaru Lemon Law Attorneys
If you’ve brought your purchased or leased Subaru in for repairs repeatedly, call 1(833) 4MY – LEMON to speak with a Subaru lemon law attorney about your case for free.
The experienced trial attorneys at Wirtz Law will protect your Lemon Law rights and pursue your claim at no cost to you. Our proven success record speaks for itself.
At Wirtz Law APC, our experienced trial teams are dedicated to fighting for our clients and getting maximum damages, including civil penalties. Over the past 6 years, Wirtz Law APC has recovered more than $26,400,000 for consumers like you.
If you’ve had to bring your Subaru in for repair two times or more for any of the following concerns, you may have a lemon. Call 1 (833) 4MY – LEMON to speak with a Subaru lemon law attorney and get our team of experienced trial attorneys fighting on your behalf today.
The engine is the heart of the vehicle. A car can’t drive without a properly working engine.
Common symptoms of engine failures include:
- Engine Control Module (ECM) warning lights on the dash
- Check engine lights
- No start, excessive cranking
- Lack of acceleration
- Loss of power
- Stalling (most often when attempting to shift gear)
Fuel Delivery System Failure
The fuel delivery system consists of all the components which supply the engine with fuel. This includes the tank itself, all the lines, one or more fuel filters, a fuel pump (mechanical or electric), and the fuel metering components–either a carburetor or fuel injection system.
Common Symptoms of fuel delivery system failure include:
- Rough idle
- Car stalling
- Poor fuel efficiency
- Fuel odors in the cabin of the vehicle while driving, or outside the vehicle when parked
- Fuel leaks
Air Conditioning System Failure
The air conditioning system in your car makes the temperature in your car more comfortable while you drive. Cars use a compressor, powered by the serpentine belt, to compress refrigerant into a liquid. The compressed refrigerant travels from the compressor to the condenser to cool off and create the cold air that is then blown into the cabin.
Common Symptoms of Air Conditioning System Failure include:
- System blows warm air on cool setting
- Foul odors coming from vents
- Odd sounds coming from vents when AC is on
- Leaky AC components
Steering and Suspension System Defects
Steering system defects cause serious safety problems, since a vehicle’s steering system is responsible for a driver’s ability to direct the vehicle and avoid collision.
Common symptoms of steering and suspension defects include:
- Difficulty turning the wheel
- Premature tire wearing
- Vehicle does not drive straight
- Loose steering
- Unresponsive steering
- Grinding, rattling, screeching, or other noise while turning the wheel
- Steering wheel slipping
- Excessive vibration
The turbocharger on a car applies a very similar principle to a piston engine. It uses the exhaust gas to drive a turbine that spins an air compressor. That extra air and oxygen is pushed into the cylinders at a high speed. This allows the engine to burn more fuel each second, making the car much faster.
Common symptoms of turbocharger failure include:
- Loss of power
- Slower and louder acceleration
- Difficulty maintaining high speeds
- Blue or grey smoke from exhaust
*Note that your Subaru may still be a lemon even if the issue is not listed above. Call 1 (833) 4MY – LEMON today to describe your unique issues and get a free case evaluation.
Is My Subaru a Lemon?
Think you might have a lemon? If your Subaru is on the list below and has required repeated repairs for the same issue, contact a Subaru Lemon Law Attorney at 1 (833) 4MY – LEMON.
- Subaru Ascent
- Subaru BRZ
- Subaru Crosstrek
- Subaru Forester
- Subaru Impreza
- Subaru Legacy
- Subaru Outback
- Subaru Tribeca
- Subaru WRX
*Note that your Subaru may still be a lemon even if not listed above
Notable Subaru Recalls
PCV Valve May Separate (NHTSA Safety Recall Campaign No. 19V744000)
- In October 2019, Subaru recalled 205,000 vehicles equipped with defective positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) valves.
- According to Subaru, the aluminum PCV valve may separate and allow oil to enter the combustion chamber of the engine. This causes a noticeable amount of smoke exiting the tailpipe of the vehicle. The separated parts of the PCV valve may also enter the engine and cause damage to engine components.
- A sudden loss of power may occur, increasing the risk of a crash.
Turbocharger Intake Duct May Crack and Cause Stall (NHTSA Safety Recall Campaign No. 16V162000)
- In March 2016, Subaru recalled nearly 20,000 vehicles with defective turbo intake ducts.
- According to Subaru, the Turbocharger intake duct on affected vehicles was manufactured using incorrect materials prone to cracking. A crack in the intake duct can result in a sudden loss of power or stall while driving, increasing the risk of a crash.
Loss of Steering Ability (NHTSA Safety Recall Campaign No. 16V292000)
- In May 2016, Subaru recalled nearly 50,000 vehicles with defective steering colum components.
- According to Subaru, the steering column shaft on the affected vehicles may have been improperly machined during production. As a result, turning the steering wheel may have no effect on the direction of the wheels, increasing the risk of a crash.
At Wirtz Law APC, we are dedicated to protecting consumers from large automakers like Subaru.
Subaru is a Japanese auto manufacturer headquartered in Shibuya, Japan. Subaru cars are known for their use of a boxer engine layout and symmetrical all wheel drive as standard features across all vehicles. Subaru vehicles have traditionally attracted a small but devoted core of buyers. The company’s marketing targets those who desire its signature engine and drivetrain, all-wheel drive and rough-road capabilities, or affordable sports car designs.
Subaru vehicles have consistently ranked low in consumer rankings. In 2018, it ranked fourth from the bottom in the industry, with 115 problems reported per 100 vehicles sold. Subaru states its yearly commitment is to move out of the bottom ranks, but in 2019 it finished seventh from the bottom with nearly identical statistics–113 problems reported per 100 cars sold.
In 2019, it was reported Subaru spent $2.7 billion on consumer warranty repair claims, recalls, and other fixes to its cars over five years ending in March 2019.
Subaru claims to be built on a platform of “love,” but for many heartbroken consumers, there is nothing to love about a Subaru replete with unresolved problems.
I think I have a lemon. What do I do now?
Under California’s Lemon Law, if you’ve given an automaker a “reasonable number of attempts” to repair your vehicle but the problems persist, your car might qualify for repurchase or replacement. Big automakers like Subaru often try to muddy the water and re-define the analysis of Lemon Law qualification to their benefit – which is why consumers should never fight the big automakers alone! Generally speaking, as few as two (2) repair opportunities can be enough for your car to qualify. Don’t rely on Subaru’s evaluation of your repair history, contact the professionals at Wirtz Law today.
How Wirtz Law Can Help
Over the past 6 years, Wirtz Law has recovered more than $26,400,000 for clients like you. On average, Wirtz Law APC fights for its clients in ten jury trials a year and settles many more cases at all stages of the litigation. We consistently recover more than just a buyback for our clients, recovering both actual damages and civil penalties against the automakers and distributors. We are the firm other lawyers hire when it’s time to go to trial, and consumers hire when they want their case handled right. We are ready to fight for your rights, today!
If you have a lemon, call 1(833) 4MY – LEMON to speak with a Subaru lemon law attorney about your case for free.
Hyundai Sonata, Santa Fe, Tucson & Kia Optima, Sorrento, Sportage – Model Years 2011-2019 Have Defective Theta II Engines Subject to California Lemon Law
Many model year 2010 to 2019* Hyundai and Kia vehicles are equipped with defective 4-cylinder Theta II engines that impair the...
It's no surprise that the leading auto makers in the world are making so much money that the average consumer has to count the...
Now is the time!
Contact Wirtz Law for your free Lemon Law consultation.