GM Lemon Law Attorney
General Motors (GM) manufactures mainstay brands like Chevrolet, Buick, and Cadillac as well as a line of pickup trucks and SUVs through its subsidiary GMC. But America’s largest automaker also has a history of producing defective vehicles. If you own or lease a GM vehicle with defects that cannot be repaired, you have powerful legal recourse under the California lemon law.
The best way to protect your rights is to consult with the experienced lemon law trial attorneys at Wirtz Law APC. Our practice is dedicated to protecting the rights of California consumers and helping them fight back against big automakers like GM.
We have a proven history of achieving significant settlements and successfully litigating lemon law claims in state court. Trust Wirtz Law APC to hold GM accountable and fight for the maximum compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Is my GM a lemon?
You should know that not every defect qualifies as a lemon. Instead, the defect must substantially impair the use, safety, or value of your GM vehicle.
Under the California lemon law, your GM vehicle may be considered a lemon if it experiences multiple or repeated repair issues that cannot be repaired within a reasonable number of attempts,which can be as little as two attempts. When you consult with Wirtz Law, our lemon law attorneys will assess whether you have a claim free of charge and fight to protect your rights.
Common GM Defects
In the past, GM has issued numerous recalls and technical service bulletins related to all types of defects. The automaker has also faced countless lemon law and warranty claims, some in the context of class-action lawsuits. Some the common repair issues with GM vehicles include:
- Engine issues/failure
- Oil leaks
- Transmission issues
- Rough idling
- Excessive engine vibration
- Navigation malfunctions
- Faulty dashboard lights
- Air Conditioning defects
- Power steering problems
If your GM vehicle is experiencing these or other persistent mechanical problems while under the manufacturer’s warranty, you need the aggressive representation our firm provides.
How Wirtz Law Can Help with Your GM Lemon Law Claim
Although GM has an unfair advantage over consumers and relies on powerful teams of attorneys to defend lemon law claims, we know how to level the playing field. Well-versed in the California lemon law, our legal team will handle all the details of your claim, including:
- Reviewing the manufacturer’s warranty
- Investigating your vehicle’s repair history
- Arranging for a mechanical expert to analyze your vehicles repair records
- Taking over communications with GM, the dealer, and opposing counsel
- Filing a GM lemon law lawsuit
- Negotiating a favorable settlement or representing you at trial if necessary
In a successful lemon law claim, you may be entitled to a vehicle buyback or a refund for your vehicle. GM may also be liable for additional civil penalty damages of up to two times the purchase price of the vehicle if the court finds that the automaker or dealer willfully violated the California lemon law. Finally, all our fees are paid by the automaker when we win your claim.
Recent GM Recalls
In addition to facing lemon law claims, GM has recently issued a number of recalls:
- In August 2021, GM expanded a recall of Chevrolet Bolts EV’s to include all vehicles and the new EUV for fire risk due to battery defects. The automaker said the batteries supplied to the company for the Bolts may have manufacturing defects in the battery cell that increase the risk of fire. GM will provide customers with an eight-year warranty or 100,000 miles on new battery modules for the affected cars.
- In July 2021 GM announced the recall of about 700,000 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra pickup trucks for a variety of repair problems. This includes a recall of trucks from the 2015-2016 model years with defective roof-rail airbags that may fail to deploy or rupture, potentially sending shrapnel into the cabin. Dealers were instructed to replace the defective airbags and are not allowed to sell any vehicle with the problem until it is fixed.
Contact Our California GM Lemon Law Attorneys
If you own or lease a GM vehicle that has been in the shop for repeated or multiple defect repairs under warranty or out of service for 30 days or more, turn to Wirtz Law APC. We will take the time to explain your rights and explore all your legal options. You can rest assured your claim will be personally handled by an accomplished lemon law attorney who will fight the maximum compensation you deserve. Contact our office today to schedule a consultation.
The lemon law attorneys at Wirtz Law help residents of California with the GM lemon law claims all throughout California including Los Angeles, San Diego, and Orange County.
Over 97% Success Rate
In Lemon Law Claims
I bought a 2014 Jeep Cherokee from the 3 months I had my dream car I started having problems. When I could not resolve my problems with the dealer or Chrysler I started making phone calls to see what Lemon Law Firm could take to make my case. I made about a dozen or more…