Mitsubishi Lemon Law Attorneys
If you’ve brought your purchased or leased Mitsubishi in for repairs repeatedly, call 1(833) 4MY – LEMON to speak with a Mitsubishi lemon law attorney about your case for free.
The experienced trial attorneys at Wirtz Law will protect your Lemon Law rights and pursue your claim at no cost to you. Our proven success record speaks for itself.
At Wirtz Law APC, our experienced trial teams are dedicated to fighting for our clients and getting maximum damages, including civil penalties. Over the past 6 years, Wirtz Law APC has recovered more than $29,000,000 for consumers like you.
If you’ve had to bring your Mitsubishi in for repair two times or more for any of the following concerns, you may have a lemon. Call 1 (833) 4MY – LEMON to speak with a Mitsubishi lemon law attorney and get our team of experienced trial attorneys fighting on your behalf today.
The engine is the heart of the vehicle. A car can’t drive without a properly working engine.
Common symptoms of engine failures include:
- Engine Control Module (ECM) warning lights on the dash
- Check engine lights
- No start, excessive cranking
- Lack of acceleration
- Loss of power
- Stalling (most often when attempting to shift gear)
The transmission or gearbox ensures that the correct amount of power reaches your wheels to drive at a given speed. The transmission ensures that the gear ratio between the engine and drive wheels adjusts to accommodate the desired speed of the car.
Common symptoms of transmission failures include:
- Whining and clunking
- Burning smell
- Lack of response, hesitation
- Lunging, or jerking
- Noisy in neutral
- Leaking fluid
- Premature clutch replacements
The clutch’s job is to transmit torque from the engine to the drivetrain. From a user perspective, the clutch serves to smoothly deliver power from the engine, reduce drive-related vibrations, and enable smooth vehicle movement. Clutch failure can be the result of a damaged or misaligned clutch linkage, a weak pressure plate, or oil contamination.
Common symptoms of clutch failure include:
- Burning smell
- Revving & acceleration don’t match
- Odd feeling in clutch pedal
- Strange noises
- Difficulty getting into gear
Air Conditioning System Failure
The air conditioning system in your car makes the temperature in your car more comfortable while you drive. Cars use a compressor, powered by the serpentine belt, to compress refrigerant into a liquid. The compressed refrigerant travels from the compressor to the condenser to cool off and create the cold air that is then blown into the vehicle cabin.
Common Symptoms of Air Conditioning System Failure include:
- System blows warm air on cool setting
- Foul odors coming from vents
- Odd sounds coming from vents when AC is on
- Leaky AC components
The turbocharger on a car applies a very similar principle to a piston engine. It uses the exhaust gas to drive a turbine that spins an air compressor. That extra air and oxygen is pushed into the cylinders at a high speed. This allows the engine to burn more fuel each second, making the car much faster.
Common symptoms of turbocharger failure include:
- Loss of power
- Slower and louder acceleration
- Difficulty maintaining high speeds
- Blue or grey smoke from exhaust
Emissions System Malfunctions
The exhaust system is made up of many parts: manifolds, oxygen sensors, catalytic converters, resonators, exhaust pipes, mufflers, and tailpipes. The exhaust system controls noise, directs fumes away from passengers, improves performance and fuel consumption, and is one of the most heavily regulated systems in vehicles today. California and Federal emissions warranties even require extended coverage of many emissions system components, even if a car’s basic warranties have expired.
Common symptoms of exhaust system failures include:
- Loud hissing sounds from the exhaust
- The smell of raw gasoline
- Decrease in power
- Lack of acceleration
- Loss of fuel efficiency
- Detached, hanging, or dragging exhaust pipe
*Note that your Mitsubishi may still be a lemon even if the issue is not listed above. Call 1 (833) 4MY – LEMON today to describe your unique issues and get a free case evaluation.
Is My Mitsubishi a Lemon?
Think you might have a lemon? If your Mitsubishi is on the list below and has required repeated repairs for the same issue, contact a Mitsubishi Lemon Law Attorney at 1 (833) 4MY – LEMON.
- Mitsubishi Eclipse
- Mitsubishi Endeavor
- Mitsubishi Lancer
- Mitsubishi Mirage
- Mitsubishi Montero
- Mitsubishi Outlander
*Note that your Mitsubishi may still be a lemon even if not listed above
Notable Mitsubishi Recalls
Lower Control Arms May Detach Due to Corrosion (NHTSA Safety Recall Campaign No. 20V279000)
- In May 2020, Mitsubishi recalled more than 141,000 vehicles equipped with defective lower control arms prone to corrosion.
- According to Mitsubishi, the front lower control arms on many of its vehicles may detach due to front cross member corroding from exposure to moisture, especially moisture mixed with salt from salted roads. A detached control arm can result in a loss of control in the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash.
Parking Brake Actuators May Corrode (NHTSA Safety Recall Campaign No. 18V103000)
- In January 2018, Mitsubishi recalled more than 170,000 vehicles with defective parking brakes.
- According to Mitsubishi, water may enter the rear brake calipers causing the parking brake actuator shafts to corrode and bind. If the parking brake actuator shaft binds, the parking brake may not fully engage or disengage. If the parking brake does not engage properly, the vehicle may move unexpectedly.
Engine May Stall or Overheat (NHTSA Safety Recall Campaign No. 17V609000)
- In September 2017, Mitsubishi recalled more than 132,000 vehicles with defective relays.
- According to Mitsubishi, the defect is due to faulty welds contained within vehicle relays which result in improper vehicle conduction. As a result, one of the following conditions may occur depending on which system within the vehicle is using a defective relay: If the relay for the engine control unit fails, the engine will stall while driving and cannot be restarted. An engine stall while driving can increase the risk of an accident. If the relay for the engine valve lift control fails, the engine warning lamp will illuminate and fail-safe mode will be activated, limiting available engine power. If the relay for the radiator fan fails, the engine coolant temperature will rise, the coolant temperature warning lamp will illuminate, and the engine may overheat.
At Wirtz Law APC, we are dedicated to protecting consumers from large automakers like Mitsubishi.
Mitsubishi is a Japanese auto manufacturer and is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, with its main U.S. facility in Franklin, Tennessee. Mitsubishi has a network of over 350 dealerships across the U.S. In 2016, a one-third stake of Mitsubishi was acquired by Japanese competitor Nissan. In 2019, Mitsubishi Motors increased car sales in the U.S. by 2.5% to 121,046 vehicles–the highest number of Mitsubishi sales in the U.S. since 2007.
In 2016, Consumer Reports created a ranking of every auto brand based on their combined road-test scores, predicted reliability, safety information, and owner satisfaction. It ranked Mitsubishi the third-worst automaker in the world, and the number one worst Japanese automaker. The most commonly reported problems among Mitsubishi vehicles are transmission and clutch issues, and engine failure, bringing the average annual repair cost of owning a Mitsubishi to an above-average amount of about $535.
Also in 2016, Mitsubishi publicly admitted having intentionally overstated the fuel efficiency of roughly 625,000 cars, an admission that hit the company hard, causing it to lose $3.2 billion in market value in about 72 hours following the admission.
I think I have a lemon. What do I do now?
Under California’s Lemon Law, if you’ve given an automaker a “reasonable number of attempts” to repair your vehicle but the problems persist, your car might qualify for repurchase or replacement. Big automakers like Mitsubishi often try to muddy the water and re-define the analysis of Lemon Law qualification to their benefit – which is why consumers should never fight the big automakers alone! Generally speaking, as few as two (2) repair opportunities can be enough for your car to qualify. Don’t rely on Mitsubishi’s evaluation of your repair history, contact the professionals at Wirtz Law today.
How Wirtz Law Can Help
Over the past 6 years, Wirtz Law has recovered more than $29,000,000 for clients like you. On average, Wirtz Law APC fights for its clients in ten jury trials a year and settles many more cases at all stages of the litigation. We consistently recover more than just a buyback for our clients, recovering both actual damages and civil penalties against the automakers and distributors. We are the firm other lawyers hire when it’s time to go to trial, and consumers hire when they want their case handled right. We are ready to fight for your rights, today!
If you have a lemon, call 1(833) 4MY – LEMON to speak with a Mitsubishi lemon law attorney about your case for free.
Yes, the California Lemon Law applies to your used vehicle but only if it the new car warranty or the certified used car...
On December 3, 2020, a new class-action lawsuit was filed in California federal court against BMW of North America, LLC. The...
Binding pre-dispute arbitration provisions are nearly ubiquitous in consumer contracts. Most consumers do not even know that...
Now is the time!
Contact Wirtz Law for your free Lemon Law consultation.