Mazda Lemon Law Attorneys
If you’ve brought your purchased or leased Mazda in for repairs repeatedly, call 1(833) 4MY – LEMON to speak with a Mazda lemon law attorney about your case for free.
The experienced trial attorneys at Wirtz Law will protect your Lemon Law rights and pursue your claim at no cost to you. Our proven success record speaks for itself.
At Wirtz Law APC, our experienced trial teams are dedicated to fighting for our clients and getting maximum damages, including civil penalties. Over the past 7 years, Wirtz Law APC has recovered more than 33,700,000 for consumers like you.
If you’ve had to bring your Mazda in for repair two times or more for any of the following concerns, you may have a lemon. Call 1 (833) 4MY – LEMON to speak with a Mazda lemon law attorney and get our team of experienced trial attorneys fighting on your behalf today.
The engine is the heart of the vehicle. A car can’t drive without a properly working engine. Mazda vehicles commonly have issues with oil leaks, casualty camshafts, and valve timing.
Common symptoms of engine failures include:
- Engine Control Module (ECM) warning lights on the dash
- Check engine lights
- No start, excessive cranking
- Lack of acceleration
- Loss of power
- Stalling (most often when attempting to shift gear)
The transmission or gearbox ensures that the correct amount of power reaches your wheels to drive at a given speed. The transmission ensures that the gear ratio between the engine and drive wheels adjusts to accommodate the desired speed of the car.
Common symptoms of transmission failures include:
- Whining and clunking
- Gears grinding
- Burning smell
- Lack of response, hesitation
- Lunging, or jerking
- Noisy in neutral
- Leaking fluid
- Premature clutch replacements
Pressure Plate Failure
The pressure plate is a component in a manual vehicle’s clutch system. Its primary purpose is to apply pressure to the primary clutch plate, holding it against the engine flywheel. Pressure plate failures are caused by unusual wear and tear on the part, often resulting from incorrect installation or a worn clutch disk.
Common symptoms of press plate failure include:
- Slipping gears/gear shifting issues
- Shaking or vibrating when using clutch
- Odd noises when using clutch
The clutch’s job is to transmit torque from the engine to the drivetrain. From a user perspective, the clutch serves to smoothly deliver power from the engine, reduce drive-related vibrations, and enable smooth vehicle movement. Clutch failure can be the result of a damaged or misaligned clutch linkage, a weak pressure plate, or oil contamination.
Common symptoms of clutch failure include:
- Burning smell
- Revving & acceleration don’t match
- Odd feeling in clutch pedal
- Strange noises
- Difficulty getting into gear
Oil is responsible for lubricating parts of the engine, helping to absorb heat and reduce overheating due to friction. Most oil leakage is the result of degraded engine gaskets, oil pan leaks, oil seals, or bad connections.
Common symptoms of oil leakage, which can indicate a more serious problem, include:
- Dark puddles under your car
- Smoke from the engine
- Engine overheating
- The smell of burning oil
Brake Fade or Failure
The brake system is one of the most important systems in a vehicle and is vital in preventing crashes. Most vehicles use either disk brakes, drum brakes, or hydraulic brakes. Brake failure is usually caused by faded brake pads or a malfunctioning brake booster.
Common symptoms of brake fade or failure include:
- Brake light on
- Wobbling or scraping when braking
- Squealing when braking
- Leaking fluid
- Soft “spongy” brake pedal
- Burning smell when braking
- Increased stopping distance
*Note that your Mazda may still be a lemon even if the issue is not listed above. Call 1 (833) 4MY – LEMON today to describe your unique issues and get a free case evaluation.
Is My Mazda a Lemon?
Think you might have a lemon? If your Mazda is on the list below and has required repeated repairs for the same issue, contact a Mazda Lemon Law Attorney at 1 (833) 4MY – LEMON.
- Mazda 2
- Mazda 3
- Mazda 5
- Mazda 6
- Mazda 8
- Mazda CX-3
- Mazda CX-5
- Mazda CX-7
- Mazda CX-9
- Mazda CX-30
- Mazda Miata
- Mazda Mx-30
- Mazda MX-5
- Mazda RX-8
- Mazda Tribute
*Note that your Mazda may still be a lemon even if not listed above
Notable Mazda Recalls
Passenger Frontal Airbag May Explode on Many Mazda Models (NHTSA Safety Recall Campaign No. 19V782000)
- In October 2019, Mazda recalled over nearly 70,000 of its vehicles due to defective passenger airbag inflators that are prone to exploding.
- According to Mazda, a defect in the air bag inflator may cause the inflator to explode without warning. Inflator explosion may result in sharp metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants resulting in serious injury or death.
Incorrect Valve Spring May Cause Engine Stall Min Mazda 3 Vehices (NHTSA Safety Recall Campaign No. 17V745000)
- In November 2017, Mazda recalled many of its Mazda 3 vehicles for an incorrect valve spring in the engine which may cause the vehicle to stall and increase the risk of crash.
- According to Mazda, Certain subject vehicles may be equipped with cylinder head exhaust valve spring(s) with an incorrect specification. The incorrect spring is smaller than the specified part. If the vehicle is used with the wrong valve spring(s), the valve spring(s) may break, and in the worst case could result in an engine stall.
Parking Brake Actuators May Corrode in Many Mazda 6 and Mazda 3 Vehicles (NHTSA Safety Recall Campaign No.17V393000)
- In June 2017, Mazda recalled over 225,000 Mazda 6 and Mazda 3 vehicles. The recall dealt with a parking brake actuator that corrodes and binds which can cause a parked vehicle to move unexpectedly increasing the risk of a crash.
- According to Mazda, On the mechanical (cable) type parking brake, water may enter the brake caliper due to inappropriate sealing performance of the rear brake caliper protective boot, particularly under cold temperatures, and the parking brake actuator shaft, which is a component of the rear brake caliper, may rust, increasing the sliding resistance of the actuator shaft. The rusted actuator shaft may stick in the brake caliper body, which may result in rear brakes dragging while driving and a decreased parking brake holding force. This could result in unexpected movement of the vehicle if parked on a slope, increasing the risk of a collision.
At Wirtz Law APC, we are dedicated to protecting consumers from large automakers like Mazda. Mazda was founded in Hiroshima, Japan and has its American headquarters in Irvine, California.
In 2015, Mazda produced 1.5 million vehicles for global sales, the majority of which (nearly 1 million) were produced in the company’s Japanese plants, with the remainder coming from a variety of other plants worldwide. In 2015, Mazda was the fifteenth biggest automaker by production worldwide.
Mazda repairs are abnormally expensive for the vehicle. The Mazda 3, one of Mazda’s best-sellers, has steep repair costs at $655 on average. The number one most reported problem across all Mazda models is premature clutch failure, which can cost an average of $1,200 to repair. ReliabilityIndex reports the engine accounts for 46.15% of the problems, followed by the braking and fuel systems. Mazdas also rank among the worst in terms of resale value.
I think I have a lemon. What do I do now?
Under California’s Lemon Law, if you’ve given an automaker a “reasonable number of attempts” to repair your vehicle but the problems persist, your car might qualify for repurchase or replacement. Big automakers like Mazda often try to muddy the water and re-define the analysis of Lemon Law qualification to their benefit – which is why consumers should never fight the big automakers alone! Generally speaking, as few as two (2) repair opportunities can be enough for your car to qualify. Don’t rely on Mazda’s evaluation of your repair history, contact the professionals at Wirtz Law today.
How Wirtz Law Can Help
Over the past 7 years, Wirtz Law has recovered more than 33,700,000 for clients like you. On average, Wirtz Law APC fights for its clients in ten jury trials a year and settles many more cases at all stages of the litigation. We consistently recover more than just a buyback for our clients, recovering both actual damages and civil penalties against the automakers and distributors. We are the firm other lawyers hire when it’s time to go to trial, and consumers hire when they want their case handled right. We are ready to fight for your rights, today!
If you have a lemon, call 1(833) 4MY – LEMON to speak with a Mazda lemon law attorney about your case for free.
On June 28, 2021, a new class action lawsuit was filed in California court against Hyundai Motor America. The plaintiff, Mr....
Yes, the California Lemon Law applies to your used vehicle but only if it the new car warranty or the certified used car...
On December 3, 2020, a new class-action lawsuit was filed in California federal court against BMW of North America, LLC. The...
Now is the time!
Contact Wirtz Law for your free Lemon Law consultation.