Maserati Lemon Law Attorneys
If you’ve brought your purchased or leased Maserati in for repairs repeatedly, call 1(833) 4MY – LEMON to speak with a Maserati lemon law attorney about your case for free.
The experienced trial attorneys at Wirtz Law will protect your Lemon Law rights and pursue your claim at no cost to you. Our proven success record speaks for itself.
At Wirtz Law APC, our experienced trial teams are dedicated to fighting for our clients and getting maximum damages, including civil penalties. Over the past 6 years, Wirtz Law APC has recovered more than $29,000,000 for consumers like you.
If you’ve had to bring your Maserati in for repair two times or more for any of the following concerns, you may have a lemon. Call 1 (833) 4MY – LEMON to speak with a Maserati lemon law attorney and get our team of experienced trial attorneys fighting on your behalf today.
The engine is the heart of the vehicle. A car can’t drive without a properly working engine.
Common symptoms of engine failures include:
- Engine Control Module (ECM) warning lights on the dash
- Check engine lights
- No start, excessive cranking
- Lack of acceleration
- Loss of power
- Stalling (most often when attempting to shift gear)
The transmission or gearbox ensures that the correct amount of power reaches your wheels to drive at a given speed. The transmission ensures that the gear ratio between the engine and drive wheels adjusts to accommodate the desired speed of the car.
Common symptoms of transmission failures include:
- Whining and clunking
- Burning smell
- Lack of response, hesitation
- Lunging, or jerking
- Noisy in neutral
- Leaking fluid
- Premature clutch replacements
The clutch’s job is to transmit torque from the engine to the drivetrain. From a user perspective, the clutch serves to smoothly deliver power from the engine, reduce drive-related vibrations, and enable smooth vehicle movement. Clutch failure can be the result of a damaged or misaligned clutch linkage, a weak pressure plate, or oil contamination.
Common symptoms of clutch failure include:
- Burning smell
- Revving & acceleration don’t match
- Odd feeling in clutch pedal
- Strange noises
- Difficulty getting into gear
Brake Fade or Failure
The brake system is one of the most important systems in a vehicle and is vital in preventing crashes. Most vehicles use either disk brakes, drum brakes, or hydraulic brakes. Brake failure is usually caused by faded brake pads or a malfunctioning brake booster.
Common symptoms of brake fade or failure include:
- Brake light on
- Wobbling or scraping when braking
- Squealing when braking
- Leaking fluid
- Soft brake pedal
- Burning smell when braking
- Increased stopping distance
*Note that your Maserati may still be a lemon even if the issue is not listed above. Call 1 (833) 4MY – LEMON today to describe your unique issues and get a free case evaluation.
Is My Maserati a Lemon?
Think you might have a lemon? If your Maserati is on the list below and has required repeated repairs for the same issue, contact a Maserati Lemon Law Attorney at 1 (833) 4MY – LEMON.
- Maserati Ghibli
- Maserati GranTurismo
- Maserati Levante
- Maserati MC20
- Maserati Quattroporte
*Note that your Maserati may still be a lemon even if not listed above
Notable Maserati Recalls
Fuel Line Damage May Cause Fuel Leak (NHTSA Safety Recall Campaign No. 18V831000)
- In November 2018, Maserati recalled over 6,000 vehicles with defective fuel lines.
- According to Maserati, during production of the fuel lines, the lines may have been damaged and installed on the vehicle in the damaged state. The damage may cause a fuel leak which in the presence of an ignition source can increase the risk of a fire.
Seat Wiring Harness May Short Circuit (NHTSA Safety Recall Campaign No. 17V046000)
- In January 2017, Maserati recalled nearly 40,000 vehicles equipped with defective wring harnesses installed in the front seats.
- According to Maserati, adjusting the front seats may cause the improperly installed seat wiring harness to rub and chafe, resulting in an electrical short. The electrical short can cause a fire.
Improperly Torqued Rear Tie Rod Bolt (NHTSA Safety Recall Campaign No. 16V264000)
- In May 2016, Maserati recalled more than 26,000 vehicles for improperly torqued rear tie rod bolts.
- According to Maserati, during the assembly process, the rear tie rod assembly attaching bolt may not have been properly tightened. An improperly tightened rear tie rod to hub carrier assembly attaching bolt may allow the tie rod to separate from the hub carrier, resulting in a loss of control and increased risk of crash.
At Wirtz Law APC, we are dedicated to protecting consumers from large automakers like Maserati. Maserati was founded in Italy in 1914 by five brothers. In 1940, the headquarters were relocated to Modena, Italy, where it still operates today making genuine Maserati parts and building vehicles.
Maserati vehicles have consistently ranked low in value and reliability reports. Most recently, Forbes ranked the Maserati Quattroporte as the number one worst car on the market in terms of value. It is estimated that over 5 years a Maserati Quattroporte will lose 72.2% of its value. Maserati has a reputation for building particularly fickle engines and transmissions that are expensive to repair.
In 1993 Maserati became a division of the automotive conglomerate FCA. Formerly known as the Chrysler Group and operating in the U.S. today as FCA US LLC. The Fiat Chrysler Automobiles family also includes Fiat, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram.
I think I have a lemon. What do I do now?
Under California’s Lemon Law, if you’ve given an automaker a “reasonable number of attempts” to repair your vehicle but the problems persist, your car might qualify for repurchase or replacement. Big automakers like Maserati often try to muddy the water and re-define the analysis of Lemon Law qualification to their benefit – which is why consumers should never fight the big automakers alone! Generally speaking, as few as two (2) repair opportunities can be enough for your car to qualify. Don’t rely on Maserati’s evaluation of your repair history, contact the professionals at Wirtz Law today.
How Wirtz Law Can Help
Over the past 6 years, Wirtz Law has recovered more than $29,000,000 for clients like you. On average, Wirtz Law APC fights for its clients in ten jury trials a year and settles many more cases at all stages of the litigation. We consistently recover more than just a buyback for our clients, recovering both actual damages and civil penalties against the automakers and distributors. We are the firm other lawyers hire when it’s time to go to trial, and consumers hire when they want their case handled right. We are ready to fight for your rights, today!
If you have a lemon, call 1(833) 4MY – LEMON to speak with a Maserati lemon law attorney about your case for free.
Yes, the California Lemon Law applies to your used vehicle but only if it the new car warranty or the certified used car...
On December 3, 2020, a new class-action lawsuit was filed in California federal court against BMW of North America, LLC. The...
Binding pre-dispute arbitration provisions are nearly ubiquitous in consumer contracts. Most consumers do not even know that...
Now is the time!
Contact Wirtz Law for your free Lemon Law consultation.