BMW Lemon Law Attorneys
If you’ve brought your purchased or leased BMW in for repairs repeatedly, call 1(833) 4MY – LEMON to speak with a BMW lemon law attorney about your case for free.
The experienced trial attorneys at Wirtz Law will protect your Lemon Law rights and pursue your claim at no cost to you. Our proven success record speaks for itself.
At Wirtz Law APC, our experienced trial teams are dedicated to fighting for our clients and getting maximum damages, including civil penalties. Over the past 6 years, Wirtz Law APC has recovered more than $26,400,000 for consumers like you.
If you’ve had to bring your BMW in for repair two times or more for any of the following concerns, you may have a lemon. Call 1 (833) 4MY – LEMON to speak with a BMW lemon law attorney and get our team of experienced trial attorneys fighting on your behalf today.
The engine is the heart of the vehicle. A car can’t drive without a properly working engine.
Common symptoms of engine failures include:
- Engine Control Module (ECM) warning lights on the dash
- Check engine lights
- No start, excessive cranking
- Lack of acceleration
- Loss of power
- Stalling (most often when attempting to shift gear)
Engine Cooling System Failure
A car’s engine cooling system is responsible for keeping the engine cool while it works to prevent overheating. The system does so by sending a liquid coolant through hoses and passages in the engine. As the coolant flows through these hoses and passages, it picks up and removes heat from the engine. The water pump has the job of keeping the coolant moving through the system, and the radiator re-cools the liquid so it can again be circulated through the passages in the motor.
Common symptoms of engine cooling system failure include:
- Overheating, especially on city roads or “stop-and-go” traffic
- Metallic smell coming from the engine compartment
- Coolant leaks
- Steam or smoke emanating from the engine compartment
Oil is responsible for lubricating parts of the engine, helping to absorb heat and reduce overheating due to friction. Most oil leakage is the result of degraded engine gaskets, oil pan leaks, oil seals, or bad connections.
Common symptoms of oil leakage, which can indicate a more serious problem, include:
- Dark puddles under your car
- Smoke from the engine
- Engine overheating
- The smell of burning oil.
The car’s electrical system is composed of the battery, starter, and alternator and is responsible for things like starting the car, powering the dashboard, and other electricity dependent systems such as power locks, power windows, sound systems, and lighting, among others. An electrical failure can be caused by a loose electrical connection, a blown fuse, battery failure, or defective components.
Common symptoms of electrical failure include:
- Battery problems
- Engine won’t crank
- Headlights aren’t working properly
- Burning plastic smell
- Fuses keep blowing out
*Note that your BMW may still be a lemon even if the issue is not listed above. Call 1 (833) 4MY – LEMON today to describe your unique issues and get a free case evaluation.
Is My BMW a Lemon?
Think you might have a lemon? If your BMW is on the list below and has required repeated repairs for the same issue, contact a BMW Lemon Law Attorney at 1 (833) 4MY – LEMON.
- BMW 1 Series
- BMW 2 Series
- BMW 3 Series
- BMW 4 Series
- BMW 5 Series
- BMW 6 Series
- BMW 7 Series
- BMW 8 Series
- BMW i3
- BMW i8
- BMW M
- BMW X1
- BMW X2
- BMW X3
- BMW X4
- BMW X5
- BMW X6
- BMW X7
- BMW Z
*Note that your BMW may still be a lemon even if not listed above
Notable BMW Recalls
CV-Joint May Become Damaged (NHTSA Safety Recall Campaign No. 20V185000)
- In March 2020, BMW recalled over 8,500 vehicles where the constant velocity (CV) joint may become damaged possibly resulting in a loss of power to the rear wheels.
- According to BMW, A loss of power to the rear wheels can affect the driver’s ability to control the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Additionally, when the vehicle is parked after a loss of power to the rear wheels, the parking brake will not engage and an unintended roll-away may occur.
Coolant Leak within EGR May Cause Fire (NHTSA Safety Recall Campaign No. 18V755000)
- In October 2108, BMW recalled over 44,000 vehicles equipped with an Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) modulate with integrated cooler.
- According to BMW, if the EGR cooler leaks internally the coolant can mix with diesel engine soot. The high EGR temperatures may result in these particles smoldering and melting the intake manifold. The melting manifold can then increase the risk of a fire.
PCV Heater May Short Circuit (NHTSA Safety Recall Campaign No. 17V683000)
- In October 2017, BMW recalled over 740,000 vehicles prone to electrical short that can cause parts within the positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) valve to melt, increasing the risk of a fire, even when the vehicle is not in use.
- According to BMW, owners could experience smoke emanating from the engine compartment or the smell of smoke or burning plastic. Owners who observe these symptoms were advised to pull over, shut off the vehicle, have all occupants exit the vehicle, and no longer drive the vehicle until the symptoms were addressed.
At Wirtz Law APC, we are dedicated to protecting consumers from large automakers like BMW.
BMW is a century-old German automaker headquartered in Munich. BMW owns production plants in Germany, Brazil, China, India, South Africa, the United Kingdom, the United States, and Mexico, where it produces BMW, Mini, and Rolls Royce vehicles. In 2019, BMW reported earnings of nearly 117 billion dollars ($117,000,000,000.00).
In 2018, BMW was the center of a large-scale emissions-cheating investigation which revealed the manufacturer was evading U.S. emissions regulations. Drivers of tens of thousands of X5 and 335D model diesel cars built between 2009 and 2011 sued BMW and its technology supplier alleging it installed algorithms designed to manipulate emissions testing systems causing vehicles to pollute the air at a rate 27 times the legal limit.
While BMW continues to thrive in sales across the U.S., the carmaker has often received dismal reviews and reliability scores. Repairpal gave BMW a 2 out of 5 score in reliability, with the average repair cost coming in at a whopping $1,081.00. J.D. Power reports there is an average of 122 problems per 100 BMW vehicles sold. Most recently, Forbes ranked four BMW models among the ten worst cars on the market in terms of resale value.
I think I have a lemon. What do I do now?
Under California’s Lemon Law, if you’ve given an automaker a “reasonable number of attempts” to repair your vehicle but the problems persist, your car might qualify for repurchase or replacement. Big automakers like BMW often try to muddy the water and re-define the analysis of Lemon Law qualification to their benefit – which is why consumers should never fight the big automakers alone! Generally speaking, as few as two (2) repair opportunities can be enough for your car to qualify. Don’t rely on BMW’s evaluation of your repair history, contact the professionals at Wirtz Law today.
How Wirtz Law Can Help
Over the past 6 years, Wirtz Law has recovered more than $26,400,000 for clients like you. On average, Wirtz Law APC fights for its clients in ten jury trials a year and settles many more cases at all stages of the litigation. We consistently recover more than just a buyback for our clients, recovering both actual damages and civil penalties against the automakers and distributors. We are the firm other lawyers hire when it’s time to go to trial, and consumers hire when they want their case handled right. We are ready to fight for your rights, today!
If you have a lemon, call 1(833) 4MY – LEMON to speak with a BMW lemon law attorney about your case for free.
Hyundai Sonata, Santa Fe, Tucson & Kia Optima, Sorrento, Sportage – Model Years 2011-2019 Have Defective Theta II Engines Subject to California Lemon Law
Many model year 2010 to 2019* Hyundai and Kia vehicles are equipped with defective 4-cylinder Theta II engines that impair the...
It's no surprise that the leading auto makers in the world are making so much money that the average consumer has to count the...
Now is the time!
Contact Wirtz Law for your free Lemon Law consultation.