Toyota Lemon Law Attorneys
If you’ve brought your purchased or leased Toyota in for repairs repeatedly, call 1(833) 4MY – LEMON to speak with a Toyota lemon law attorney about your case for free.
The experienced trial attorneys at Wirtz Law will protect your Lemon Law rights and pursue your claim at no cost to you. Our proven success record speaks for itself.
At Wirtz Law APC, our experienced trial teams are dedicated to fighting for our clients and getting maximum damages, including civil penalties. Over the past 6 years, Wirtz Law APC has recovered more than $30,100,000 for consumers like you.
If you’ve had to bring your Toyota in for repair two times or more for any of the following concerns, you may have a lemon. Call 1 (833) 4MY – LEMON to speak with a Toyota lemon law attorney and get our team of experienced trial attorneys fighting on your behalf today.
The engine is the heart of the vehicle. A car can’t drive without a properly working engine. Toyota vehicles commonly reported excessive oil sludge that in turn caused engine failure.
Common symptoms of engine failures include:
- Engine Control Module (ECM) warning lights on the dash
- Check engine lights
- No start, excessive cranking
- Lack of acceleration
- Loss of power
- Stalling (most often when attempting to shift gear)
Oil Leakage and Consumption
Oil is responsible for lubricating parts of the engine, helping to absorb heat and reduce overheating due to friction. Most oil leakage is the result of degraded engine gaskets, oil pan leaks, oil seals, or bad connections. While leaking oil certainly affects the oil level in your vehicle, if the vehicle is abnormally “consuming” oil, it can lead to the same issues and symptoms as an oil leak.
Common symptoms of oil leakage, which can indicate a more serious problem, include:
- Dark puddles under your car
- Smoke from the engine
- Engine overheating
- The smell of burning oil
- Constantly having to “top off” your oil
The transmission or gearbox ensures that the correct amount of power reaches your wheels to drive at a given speed. The transmission ensures that the gear ratio between the engine and drive wheels adjusts to accommodate the desired speed of the car.
Common symptoms of transmission failures include:
- Whining and clunking
- Burning smell
- Lack of response, hesitation
- Lunging, or jerking
- Noisy in neutral
- Leaking fluid
- Premature clutch replacements
Body and Interior Components
Body and Interior components are everything that makes up the exterior and interior body and shape of the vehicle, such as the doors, door panels, dashboard, exterior body panels, A and B pillars, roof, and hood, among others.
Toyota vehicles are notorious for what is referred to as “melting” interior. Vehicles with the “melting” defect have dashboards, door panels, and consoles that become extremely sticky in warm weather. The “melting” panels are also known to emit foul burnt plastic odors. Some consumers have even reported large chunks of plastic being dislodging from the dashboard and door panels.
The “melting” dashboard also causes a blinding glare to be reflected from the windshield into the eyes of the driver when the sun shines on the dashboard, making the vehicle dangerous to drive.
*Note that your Toyota may still be a lemon even if the issue is not listed above. Call 1 (833) 4MY – LEMON today to describe your unique issues and get a free case evaluation.
Is My Toyota a Lemon?
Think you might have a lemon? If your Toyota is on the list below and has required repeated repairs for the same issue, contact a Toyota Lemon Law Attorney at 1 (833) 4MY – LEMON.
- Toyota Avalon
- Toyota 4Runner
- Toyota Camry
- Toyota C-HR
- Toyota Corolla
- Toyota FJ Cruiser
- Toyota FR-S/86
- Toyota Highlander
- Toyota iQ
- Toyota Land Cruiser
- Toyota Mirai
- Toyota Prius
- Toyota RAV-4
- Toyota Sequoia
- Toyota Sienna
- Toyota Supra
- Toyota Tacoma
- Toyota Tundra
- Toyota Venza
- Toyota Yaris
*Note that your Toyota may still be a lemon even if not listed above
Notable Toyota Recalls
Unexpected Braking due to Pre-Collision System (NHTSA Safety Recall Campaign No. 15V728000)
- In November 2015, Toyota recalled nearly 31,000 vehicles equipped with Pre-collision Brake Assist. The system is a safety feature designed to detect when a vehicle collision is imminent. The system applies the brakes much faster than a human can react, thus decreasing the likelihood and/or severity of a collision. While these systems are designed to make roads safer, they are only effective if they function properly. THe Pre-collision Brake Assist system in many Toyotas has been known to stop vehicles suddenly when no collision was imminent, which can be dangerous.
Passenger Frontal Airbag May Explode on Many Toyota Models (NHTSA Safety Recall Campaign No. 19V741000)
- In 2019, Toyota recalled nearly 1,000,000 of its vehicles due to defective passenger airbag inflators that are prone to exploding.
- According to Toyota, a defect in the airbag inflator may cause the inflator to explode without warning. An inflator explosion may result in sharp metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants resulting in serious injury or death.
Fuel Pump May Fail (NHTSA Safety Recall Campaign No. 20V012000)
- In January 2020, Toyota recalled over 1,800,000 of its vehicles for a fuel pump failure causing the engine to stall while driving, increasing the risk of a crash.
- According to Toyota, the defect may manifest in a loss of engine power or vehicle stalling, potentially increasing the risk of a crash.
Brake Master Cylinder Seal may be Damaged in Many Toyotas Tacomas (NHTSA Safety Recall Campaign No. 18V888000)
- In December 2018, Toyota recalled 44,000 Toyota Tacoma Pickups for improperly machined brake master cylinders.
- According to Toyota, an improper manufacturing process by a part supplier caused a seal in its brake master cylinders to become damaged over time and leak brake fluid internally. This could lead the brake pedal to feel less responsive and brake performance may be suddenly reduced. This could result in increased stopping distance and the likelihood of a crash.
At Wirtz Law APC, we are dedicated to protecting consumers from large automakers like Toyota. Founded in 1937 Toyota is a Japan-based manufacturer of cars and trucks. It is one of the largest and most historically successful auto manufacturers in the world. Toyota has its American headquarters in Plano, Texas, where it oversees over 1,200 Toyota dealerships across 49 states. The Toyota Camry sedan and Toyota Tacoma pickup truck are two of the best selling vehicles of all time.
Despite its sales success, Toyota is not without fault when it comes to the safety and reliability of its vehicles. From 2013 to 2017 the Toyota 4Runner was ranked as one of the top ten most recalled vehicles. In 2014 the U.S. The Department of Justice charged Toyota with fraud for intentionally misleading customers and forced Toyota to pay out 1.2 billion dollars to avoid prosecution for hiding unintended acceleration issues in its vehicles.
Toyota’s slogan is “let’s go places,” unfortunately for many, this includes frequent visits to the repair shop.
I think I have a lemon. What do I do now?
Under California’s Lemon Law, if you’ve given an automaker a “reasonable number of attempts” to repair your vehicle but the problems persist, your car might qualify for repurchase or replacement. Big automakers like Toyota often try to muddy the water and re-define the analysis of Lemon Law qualification to their benefit – which is why consumers should never fight the big automakers alone! Generally speaking, as few as two (2) repair opportunities can be enough for your car to qualify. Don’t rely on Toyota’s evaluation of your repair history, contact the professionals at Wirtz Law today.
How Wirtz Law Can Help
Over the past 6 years, Wirtz Law has recovered more than $30,100,000 for clients like you. On average, Wirtz Law APC fights for its clients in ten jury trials a year and settles many more cases at all stages of the litigation. We consistently recover more than just a buyback for our clients, recovering both actual damages and civil penalties against the automakers and distributors. We are the firm other lawyers hire when it’s time to go to trial, and consumers hire when they want their case handled right. We are ready to fight for your rights, today!
If you have a lemon, call 1(833) 4MY – LEMON to speak with a Toyota lemon law attorney about your case for free.
On June 28, 2021, a new class action lawsuit was filed in California court against Hyundai Motor America. The plaintiff, Mr....
Yes, the California Lemon Law applies to your used vehicle but only if it the new car warranty or the certified used car...
On December 3, 2020, a new class-action lawsuit was filed in California federal court against BMW of North America, LLC. The...
Now is the time!
Contact Wirtz Law for your free Lemon Law consultation.