Richard Wirtz is one of California’s most experienced and successful trial attorneys. Most recently, he has tried 30 California Lemon Law cases to jury verdict. His practice also includes employment matters, business disputes, and trademark infringement. Richard Wirtz is the founding and managing attorney of Wirtz Law APC, a trial attorney law firm providing consistently solid and successful results. Since 1988, Mr. Wirtz has been handling cases in state and federal courts on a local, regional, national, and international level. He represents consumers, employees, entrepreneurs, executives, and businesses of all sizes. His extensive trial experience includes cases against the largest and most powerful companies in the world, including Google, Qualcomm, Home Depot, Lowe’s, Yamaha, Walmart, Ford, Chrysler, GM, BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover, Hyundai, Mercedes Benz, Audi, Volkswagen, and Kia. As a lawyer’s lawyer, he has represented law firms like The Cochran Firm and Knight Law Group. He is regularly retained by other California Lemon Law firms to try their cases. Above all, he is committed to seeing clients thrive by minimizing legal risks and maximizing successful outcomes.
Mr. Wirtz has a respected legal presence and according to the national rating service, Martindale-Hubbell, maintains a “AV Preeminent” peer and client rating. In 2012, he was recognized by his San Diego peers as a top employment attorney and has been selected as Super Lawyer (top 5% of all lawyers) since then. Throughout his career, Mr. Wirtz has continually used his profession to advance community justice and enrichment. Prior to starting his law firm in 1995, he opposed Fortune 500 Companies in high-profile, multimillion-dollar, national class actions involving securities and consumer fraud, unfair trade practices and complex business issues. Mr. Wirtz also helped defend the United Farm Workers Union against wrongful boycott charges in the final days of Cesar Chavez’s life. Beyond the courtroom and the conference room, Mr. Wirtz can also be found offering his professional insights as a legal expert on several local television and radio programs.
Mr. Wirtz received his law degree from the University of San Diego (J.D., 1987) and his undergraduate degree from Knox College (B.A., History, 1984).
Bar and Court Memberships
- The State Bar of California
- The State Bar of New Mexico
- U.S. District Court of California (Southern, Central, Eastern and Northern Districts)
- U.S. District Court of New Mexico
- Federal Circuit Court of Appeals
- US Court of Federal Claims
- United States Supreme Court
- State Bar of Hawaii, pro hac vice
- State Bar of Arizona, pro hac vice
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for Arizona, pro hac vice
- U.S. District Court of Arizona, pro hac vice
- U.S. District Court of Missouri, pro hac vice
- U.S. District Court of New York (Eastern District), pro hac vice
- U.S. District Court of Northern Texas (Dallas Division), pro hac vice