SHARON A. JOYCE, PH.D.
IN-HOUSE HUMAN RESOURCES CONSULTANT
Dr. Sharon Joyce has more than 20 years of human resources experience working with corporations, board of directors, and entrepreneurs.
Dr. Sharon Joyce
Dr. Sharon Joyce has more than 20 years of human resources experience working with corporations, board of directors, and entrepreneurs to implement programs that attract, retain and motivate employees. The breadth of her professional activities encompasses such industries as education, healthcare, marketing, public relations, insurance, law firms, and biomedical. She has successfully achieved business and program objectives for both new and established companies and institutions, including The Scripps Research Institute, UCLA Higher Education Research Institute, California Campus Compact, Sanford Burnham Institute, City of Hope, Westmont Living, and Knight Law group among others.
Dr. Joyce advises business owners and managers as they navigate today’s human resources complexities. Specifically, she helps to:
- Develop compensation and benefit programs
- Implement effective human resources policies and procedures
- Develop strategies for handling sensitive employee relations issues
- Tailor compensation and benefit programs (salary scales, pay adjustments, and benefit offerings tied to company philosophy)
- Additionally, she develops H.R. policies and procedures concerning performance management, employee grievances, progressive discipline, staffing associated with mergers and acquisitions, attendance and time off policies, and protecting company property and proprietary information.
Dr. Joyce counsels companies on compliance with federal and state employment laws, including:
- Americans with Disability Act
- Family Medical Leave Act
- California Family Rights Act
- California Fair Employment and Housing Act
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Unemployment Insurance State Disability Insurance
Dr. Joyce received her Ph.D. in Higher Education from the University of California, Los Angeles, a Master’s in Business with a concentration in Industrial Relations from Loyola University, Chicago, and a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from Knox College.