Richard M. Wirtz
Richard Wirtz is a trial attorney, focusing on consumer protection, employment matters, business disputes, and trademark infringement. Richard Wirtz is the founding and managing partner of Wirtz Law APC, a trial attorney law firm providing consistently solid and successful lawyering. Since 1988, Mr. Wirtz has been handling cases in state and federal courts on a local, regional, national, and international level. He represents consumers and employees, entrepreneurs, executives, and businesses of all sizes. His extensive trial experience has included cases involving family owned businesses to Fortune 500 companies such as Google, Qualcomm, Home Depot, Lowe’s, Yamaha, Walmart, Ford, Chrysler, GM, BMW, Jaguar, Hyundai and Kia. As a lawyer’s lawyer, he has represented law firms like The Cochran Firm or Knight Law Group. Above all, he is committed to seeing clients thrive by minimizing legal risks and maximizing a successful outcome.
Mr. Wirtz has a respected legal presence and according to the national rating service, Martindale-Hubbell, maintains a “AV Preeminent” peer and client rating. In 2012, he was recognized by his San Diego peers as a top employment attorney and has been selected as Super Lawyer (top 5% of all lawyers) since then. Throughout his career, Mr. Wirtz has continually used his profession to advance community justice and enrichment. Prior to starting his law firm in 1995, he opposed Fortune 500 Companies in high-profile, multi-million dollar, national class actions involving securities and consumer fraud, unfair trade practices and complex business issues. Mr. Wirtz also helped defend the United Farm Workers union against wrongful boycott charges in the final days of Cesar Chavez’ life. Beyond the courtroom and the conference room, Mr. Wirtz can also be found offering his professional insights as a legal expert on several local television and radio programs.
Mr. Wirtz received his law degree from the University of San Diego (J.D., 1987) and his undergraduate degree from Knox College (B.A., History, 1984).
Bar and Court Memberships
- The State Bar of California
- The State Bar of New Mexico
- State Bar of Hawaii, pro hac vice
- State Bar of Arizona, pro hac vice
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for Arizona, pro hac vice
- U.S. District Court of Arizona, pro hac vice
- U.S. District Court of California (Southern, Central, Eastern and Northern Districts)
- U.S. District Court of Missouri, pro hac vice
- U.S. District Court of New Mexico
- U.S. District Court of New York (Eastern District), pro hac vice
- U.S. District Court of Northern Texas (Dallas Division), pro hac vice
- Federal Circuit Court of Appeals