Helpful California State Bar Publications
- How Can I Find and Hire the Right Lawyer?
- Kids & Law : An A-to-Z Guide for Parents
- When You Become 18: A Survival Guide for Teenagers
- Seniors & the Law: A Guide for Maturing Californians
- What Are My Rights As An Employee?
- Do I Need A Living Trust?
- Do I Need Estate Planning?
- What Should I Know About Elder Abuse?
- What Should I Know About Divorce And Custody?
- What Should I Do If I Have An Auto Accident?
- What Should I Know About Serving on a Jury?
- What Should I Know Before I Rent?
Category Archives: Business & Industry
Most employers and employees will agree that if they do not specify the term (or length) of employment, the employment relationship is “at-will” — that is, either the employer or the employee may end the relationship at any time for any … Continue reading
Many workforces include active members of the military. When an employee notifies an employer of an absence from work due to military service, a letter should be sent to the employee thanking them for the advanced notice (which is not … Continue reading
In April, the Supreme pharmacy Court’s 5-4 decision in AT&T Mobility v. Concepcion changed how businesses can manage issues that might balloon into class-action lawsuits. The case was initially filed in 2006, when Vincent and Liza Concepcion sued AT&T as … Continue reading
4 Reasons Why Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI) Policies Protect Your Company Against Unforeseen and Unbudgeted Risks 1. Employment Lawsuits Are on the Rise In California, court filings increased by 20% over the past decade. In 2009, contract disputes and … Continue reading
Research indicates that due to the speed and frequencies of emailing and texting, proprietary and trade secret information is more frequently being accidentally or intentionally disclosed to someone outside the company. According to a 2007 survey of US companies by … Continue reading